8.25.2007

Goshozakurabaishoroku - 3

Three characters.
Koreyoshi (the center)

Lady Matsu (the right)
Kuretake (the left)
Sir. Koreyoshi had no offspring,
though he was nearly 40 years old.
He lamented it everyday,
"We are the descendants of Amehohi,
and the lineage has come through centuries.
If I would cease it,
I must feel very sorry for my ancesters.
How undutiful am I!"
He prayed to Gods and Buddha for a child
with his greatly pious mind.
He often talked Matsu or Kuretake about it.
So, both women hoped to get ahead of the rival
for satisfying her husband
and the support of herself.
They also prayed with the vows.
It might be the effect of it,
one day Matsu had no mense.
Recently she liked light dishes.
Lady's maids expected the conception.
Matsu put down their frantic commotion
and asked the doctor.
the diagnosis certified the exact conception.
Matsu was delighted at it.
But she forbad them to speak it.
It was for avoiding Kuretake's envy.
"If Kuretake had known it,
she would have been up to something.
If I had a miscarriage,
she would rejoice my unhappiness.
I would rather declare it at the last moment
to outwit Kuretake."
Matsu made up her mind, which nobody knew.
Not noticing why she concealed the happy event,
Maids felt confused on it.

No comments: