11.09.2007

Goshozakurabaishoroku - 8

Aoba got the basket to the palace hastely,
and saw Lady Matsu.
She handed the talisman and burst into tears with saying nothing.
Wondering why she did so,
Matsu asked her tenderly and smilingly.
"Hi, What make you feel sad?
Please show me the cause.
Since it is a celebrated day today,
I sent you there as a representer of me.
It was not good condition for flowers, unfortunetly,
still, you came back far earlier than I expected.
You don't need to cry.
I got this great talisman you received.
Or, did basket guys importune you something?
If so, you can give them as you like."

Aoba gazed at her master who is smart enough and said,
"No, Mum. You don't know about that serious matter."

"What do you say as serious? It is on my mind."

"Kuretake seemed to get the offspring too."

Though the news astonished Matsu, she said calmly,
"Hohoho, I'm so delighted to hear that she conceived a child"

"Why? I feel vexed a lot.
Worse still, her maid Ibara, who has the same ill-nature,
came there to get the talisman much later than I,
however, asked the pray before me.
It so frustrated for me that I cannot help myself from taking up a quarrel.
Then finally I returned here."

Hearing the whole story,
though Matsu thought it served her right at heart,
she pretended angry and scolded Aoba,
"Hey, although you have waited on me for long,
you don't know my thought. You must learn more.
You should have behaved politely in the holy place,
besides, it was in front of audience.
If you do such rudeness in public, I can explain nothing to defend to my husband.
It is shameful if Kuretake might think that my envy told you to do so.
Never do such a thing."

Aoba could not answer to that unexpected and clever caution.
She was really impressed by knowing her master's heart,
holded her tangue and did nothing more.

No comments: